commercial yagi antenna design

General stuff about HD and any topic under the sun or moon!
eldgreen

commercial yagi antenna design

Postby eldgreen » 30 Oct 2011, 22:46

This is the second time I've tried this, I must have goofed up the first time, it didn't post for some reason. The typical commercially made yagi antenna is made having equally spaced director elements of equal length. All of the programs I've been able to find online use progressively shorter director elements with progressively longer spacings. I know that the design tactic used by commercial makers is to combine a corner reflector for the lower frequencies with a yagi for the higher frequencies and the dipole somewhere in between. The corner reflector and the dipole I can get, but how do they calculate the director element arrangement? I would like to try to make one with a bandwith of channel 18-44 instead of the usual 14-69. Does anyone know how to calculate the element length and spacings? Thanks.

d6500k
ISF Calibrator
ISF Calibrator

Re: commercial yagi antenna design

Postby d6500k » 31 Oct 2011, 07:00

Imaging Science Technician
www.6500kcalibrations.com
Twice yearly tours to Tampa/St. Perersburg Fl. and Southernmost Texas

eldgreen

Postby eldgreen » 31 Oct 2011, 22:06

d6500k' thanks for responding, the web site you recommended was informative, but still didn't give how to calculate the dimensions per the 18-44 channel range. I've been trying to figure out some way to determine the recipe they use by using "yagi calculator " or other programs. But haven't found the basis for their dimensions. Any other help to relieve my confusion would be helpful. Thanks.

eldgreen

Postby eldgreen » 21 Nov 2011, 21:25

donintosh, Please share the other information.Thanks.

eliwhitney
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Postby eliwhitney » 27 Mar 2014, 02:59

TO: {... horacefranklin ...}

In the interest of More TIMELY REPLIES, you might look at / consider the prior DATE?? ...... Almost Three (3) Years old!!

p.s. = consider [ 'www' Sites] for entirely-successful, Commercial, Outside Antennae by Channel Master, etc.. These will easily DO the task, even w/ the current 'mix' of both Frequencies being broadcasted. AND, for less than $50, including S/H.

eli

Return to “HD Coffee Shop and Member Chit Chat”